Re: SSH not working on fresh Cygwin install (gibberish number directories... command not found)

Same problem:  It will pretend like /usr/bin/ssh exists, and will show me
the usage help, but when I actually try to use it, "no such file or
directory".  /usr/bin/ is already set in my PATH, and ssh.exe is there.

Looks like I'll have to use the official Cygwin mailing list, thanks.

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 08:14:30AM -0800, CygGert wrote:
>>
>>Hi,
>>
>>This is the 4th (5th?) computer I've installed Cygwin on, but this is the
>>first time I am getting strange behavior with SSH.   Windows 7 64-bit, but
>>my previous computer that it worked on was also Windows 7 (albeit 32 bit)
>>
>>When I type
>>
>>ssh
>>
>>I get the regular help message, on how to use the command.  However, I
when
>>I actually use it using the standard command exactly as I used it on
>>multiple other machines
>>
>>ssh IPADDRESS -l username -Y
>>
>>I get:
>>
>>-bash: $'\302\216\302\216\302\216\302\216ssh': command not found
>>
>>Looks like gibberish to me, and I have no idea what I am doing wrong.
I've