Re: YA call for snapshot testing

Robert Miles wrote:

>> > NOTE: I run with CYGWIN="nodosfilewarning proc_retry:1" because I run
>> > a lot of non-cygwin software from shell scripts, and during testing,
>> > that can take 10's of minutes, I can't afford to have those programs
>> > restarted if they crash on exit.  Before setting proc_retry:1, I once
>> > saw a loop of a 30 minute test run that went on for 10+ iterations.
>> >
>> Are you able to put that CYGWIN setting inside the shell scripts that
>> need it, and therefore not have it apply to any other scripts?

For remotely executed stuff (an rsh-like program that allows execution
of commands on a windows host), I use the trick of setting it on the
command line.   (It's unlike rsh in that it returns exit codes, and it
pre-dates sshd for windows.)

For stuff executed on the windows machine, we use a system env var
that has it set.