Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 and sshd

On Feb  5 13:50, Harry G McGavran Jr wrote:
> This happens whenever one ssh's from a Linux box to a Windows XP box
> with Cygwin on it.  On login one gets the warning about CYGWIN
> having
> the value "tty" in it.  The users on the windows systems don't
> have CYGWIN set on any of their profiles, .login's .cshrcs's etc. etc.
>
> BUT, /HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/services/sshd/Parameters/Environment
> IS set to "ntsec binmode tty" on the Windows XP boxes.

As I wrote before, somebody has created this setting explicitely.  Even
in older versions of the ssh-host-config script, only the "ntsec" setting
was default and that is useless since 1.7, too.  "binmode" also doesn't
exist in 1.7 anymore.  See the User's Guide at
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using-cygwinenv.html

Remove the setting entirely from the registry key and restart the
service.

Corinna

Red Hat