Re: Cygwin.dll version in bug reports

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 05:17:18PM -0800, Matt Seitz (matseitz) wrote:
>"Christopher Faylor" wrote in message
>>
>> Same thing in 1.7.9.
>>
>> Please lets not just put 1.7.10 in front of every bug report.
>
>What is the proper procedure?
>
>Today I sent a couple of bug reports.  I based my "Subject" on the "Good
>examples" given at:
>
>http://cygwin.com/problems.html
>
>Since all the good examples had a cygwin1.dll version at the front, I
>thought that was expected.  So I put 1.7.10 at the front, because that
>was the cygwin1.dll version I was using.

The "good examples" mentioned in the problems.html page refer to
problems reported for the Cygwin DLL.

The Cygwin version number is appropriate for reporting problems with
the Cygwin DLL.  Including it on a problem which has nothing to do
with the actual DLL is not helpful.  If you're having a problem with
a package, include the version of the package.