Re: cygwin-1.7.10-1 fork - address space needed by ... already in use

Corinna Vinschen-2 wrote:

> Sigh.  While the basename is all we need to test if a DLL is already
> loaded, it's *not* enough to load a DLL which still needs loading, if
> the DLLs are not in the DLL search path, as in the case of Perl libs.
> I'm going to generate a new 2012-02-09 snapshot right now.  Should be
> up in 10 minutes or so.

I'm happy to report that after I dropped this new snapshot in place, my
original problem has gone away completely (and I've been clean for a few
days, now). In fact, it also made it so that I could build some software
from sources (make and gcc were failing variously with the same type of
error messages). So as of now, I am a very happy camper!

Thanks much!

Scott M. Ballew
Purdue University