Re: STC for libapr1 failure

On Feb 15 14:14, David Rothenberger wrote:
> On 2/15/2012 1:20 PM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> >> Looks like fork/exec. execv to be precise.

> >> [...]

I read the Linux man page again (http://linux.die.net/man/2/flock)
and I just hacked the following testcase, based on your flock STC.

It creates a lock in the parent, then forks a child.  The child tries to
grab the lock, first using the inherited file descriptor.  This is
supposed to work.  Then it opens the file again and tries to lock the
file using that descriptor.  This is supposed to fail with EWOULDBLOCK.
If it failed to lock the file one way or the other, it tries to unlock
the file using the second descriptor.  In theory this should fail.  If
it doesn't fail, it tries to lock the file again using both descriptors.
The expected result is the same as in the first two tries.  Eventually
the child exec's, and runs the entire set of tests again.  The result
should be the same as for the forked child.

I tried this test on both, Linux and Cygwin (latest from CVS), and it
behaves identically:

Linux$ ./stc-flock-forkexec
funlock from forked child with new descriptor succeeded but shouldn't
funlock from execed child with new descriptor succeeded but shouldn't

Cygwin$ ./stc-flock-forkexec
funlock from forked child with new descriptor succeeded but shouldn't
funlock from execed child with new descriptor succeeded but shouldn't

Funny enough, unlocking always returns success on the descriptor not
holding the lock, even on Linux.  But the second set of tests shows that
the lock is still firm in the hands of the first descriptor.

The testcase is attached.  I'm pretty curious what your test is actually
testing.

Corinna

Red Hat