Re: lstat() fails intermittently in C program -- what could cause this???

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 07:24:14AM -0700, Leon Vanderploeg wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I am having problems with intermittent failures of the lstat() inside a C
>program on several servers running Windows Server 2008R2.  The program
>recursively searches directories and uses lstat() to gather information on
>each file.  The files that fail most often end in .bak, but not always.
>Since the lstat() command does not return detailed failure information, I
>can't identify what is causing the failure.  Any suggestions on what might
>be causing the failures or how to gather information on what is causing the
>failure?

lstat may not return detailed error information (what UNIX program does?) but
it does return *some*.  You haven't provided enough information to help you.
If you can boil the problem down to a simple test case that is always helpful
but, barring that, at the very least, what errno is being reported?