Re: question on Cygwin's version of make

Some folks call make from a bash file to take advantage of things that bash can do and make can't, or at least easily. Using a "config.sh" to run make could let you test anything you want, print warnings, or exit, if anything is spotted. If everything looks good, the script can call make. This is common when you need to collect information about the local configuration (OS, arch, preferences, etc) in a portable way.

Don't know if that helps, but that is what occurred to me reading you post.

LMH

Paul Allen Newell wrote:
Marco:

Thanks for reply, my comments inline