perl.exe : cygheap base mismatch detected

For the last couple of days, I'm seeing a problem I've never seen
before (as in, I've run this Makefile that calls Perl hundreds of
times, up until the last couple of days).  I'm running Windows 7 Pro
64-bit, with the latest of everything from Cygwin.  It happens when
Perl tries to run:

make[1]: Entering directory `/cygdrive/e/dx4win/qsl/1x1'
      1 [main] perl (10124) C:\Cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x61270870/0xF60870.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.

I only have one copy of cygwin1.dll in my cygwin/bin directory.  If I
run the same command again (make <thing that calls perl>), generally
it will work.  If I delete the target and re-make, error comes back
again, but goes away the next time.

I've rebased a couple of times, nothing seems to do the trick.  I've
rebooted also.

cygcheck output is attached.

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us