Re: Cygwin Emacs and windows paths

On 11/03/2012, at 9:19 AM, Ken Brown wrote:

>> On 11/03/2012, at 1:20 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
>>
>> This can be too hard though: The problem might be to determine when the clipboard is copied for use outside emacs and when for use inside emacs. But I'll try at least to make some lisp code to convert per key-binding. Do you thinking it's advisable to call cygpath for doing the conversion? Are there some internal bindings already for this in Cygwin Emacs?
>
> Please reply to the list instead of directly to me.  To avoid messing up the threading in the mailing list archives, I'm replying to the original thread, with your message to me pasted in.

Extremely sorry about this. With Apple Mail I use a "modern" Mail client not anymore tailored to classic mailing lists - so I have to set things like Plain-text setting, 70-character wrapping and correct reply-to by hand…

> I do think it's advisable to call cygpath, and I don't know of any bindings in the code that you can use.  But I had to do something similar once in order to make browse-url work properly on Cygwin.  (In that case I had to convert from POSIX paths to Windows paths.)  Take a look at the Cygwin-specific code in the function browse-url-file-url in lisp/net/browse-url.el.  You may be able to use a similar idea.

Thanks heaps for this! I had a quick look at browse-url.el and it has the right stuff in there. Cool!

Cheers, Leo