Re: Rsync stops inmid of synchronisation

Am 13.03.2012 21:00, schrieb David Sastre Medina:
On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 01:48:45PM +0100, Richard Ivarson wrote:
Is there a way to increase the verbosity level of the sending rsync
(aside the parameter "-v" which we can increase to "-vv" or even
"-vvv") ?
Or could rsync print further helpful information about what it is
doing right now ?

Because that could help me. With "-vvv" rsync prints information
about the files it's sending to the remote rsync, but in my case
when it has rsynced for a while it suddenly stops to print and do
anything, and I got no idea what is happening...

Maybe overkill, but you could try to strace the process.

Thank you David for this hint. I've never used "strace" before but I'll look into it and try to use it for my rsync problems. In case I find out some new information I'm going to post them here.

-Richard