Re: ftell() fails on files in shared folders

On Mar 21 06:56, Yuri Gribov wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> > the problem is obviously that your remote filesystem returns 0 as the current file size.
>
> Which WinAPI does that? I can try searching it.

I don't understand.  What do you want to search?  It's the GetFileSize
or GetFileSizeEx function on the Win32 API level, or the
GetFileInformationByHandleEx function with FileStandardInfo info class
sarting with Vista, or it's the native NT equivalent
NtQueryInformationFile function with the FileStandardInformation info
class.  Cygwin uses the latter.  But, as I said, it works fine for me
on Windows 2008 as well.  Is it possible that some kind of virus checker
influences the result?

Corinna

Red Hat