Re: Portmap RPC registration fails

On May 8 22:41, Ken wrote:
The above doesn't look like a plausible IPV6 address. I have IPV6 enabled on
my network adapter. Is it possible that portmap isn't compatible with IPV6?
That would explain why older code (such as CygWin NFS Server - IPV4) is able
to register with portmap.

portmap and the entire sunrpc package is pretty old stuff. They are not used anymore on Linux and BSD afaik, but there's replacement code in a not so easy portable way.

Portmap and the rest of the sunrpc code is not overly complicated, though.
With a bit of effort it should be possible to make it IPv6-aware.  However,
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#SHTDI

portmap is not IPv6-aware. There is a replacement, rpcbind, which does support IPv6. I have a partially-ported version of that sitting on my hard drive, but it doesn't seem to actually work. If any body is interested in using it as a starting point for a portmapper replacement on cygwin, I can make it available.

(I also have a simple rpc client and server package that can be used to test rpcbind)

--
Chuck