Re: Username and Computer Name

On 5/14/2012 4:19 PM, max@kalani.com wrote:

I am installing cygwin on a new computer and I was told that the green
"username@computername ' " is supposed to be hidden, and that I somehow
installed Cygwin improperly.

That's not true, whoever told you that is either joking or making fun at your expense.

Could someone please explain how to hide or setup cygwin properly to not
show this?

You can change it any way you want, its part of the shell prompt, controlled by environment variable PS1 (and PROMPT_COMMAND for the window title).
--
René Berber