Re: [feature] alias "more" to "less"

On 05/11/2012 01:33 AM, Noel Grandin wrote:
Hi

It seems that pretty much all unixes alias "more" to "less" these days.
It would be very nice if that was the default behaviour of cygwin.

Would save me from constantly wondering why nothing is happening when I type
"more ...."
on a newly installed box :-)

Thanks for all the great work, cygwin is a great help in a lot of places!

Regards, Noel Grandin

I second this!

Granted I know how to alias more to less and I do so for my environment. But I'm often working in or helping others in Cygwin in their environment and most people, let's face it, have no environment and fear the command line so! Or, as is the current case with my client, have a generic user that is used for things like building and we go about setting up Cygwin on multiple build machines but we end up with plain installs with no environment and no aliasing of more -> less. Having to run around to groups of machines further configuring things like these often used aliases is a pain. And every time a new build machine is spun up and Cygwin installed (via a .cmd file I cooked up) the alias is missing on that new machine. It would be nice if this alias was a default for Cygwin.

(Yes I know I can change my "package" to do customizations after installing Cygwin but I have not yet had the time to further enhance my "Cygwin Install" package...)
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
If a man stands in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?