Re: Has anyone collected a summary of cygwin vs Windows 7 64 bit outstanding issues?

On 5/23/2012 9:24 AM, Larry W. Virden wrote:
We are trying to make use of cygwin in several ways on Windows 7
64-bit desktops.

One of the first things we have noticed is that there are a lot of
processes sitting on the desktop that appear to be related to cygwin
that we didn't see previously on 32 bit XP.

For instance, if we open a bash console, perform an ssh to another
machine, do some work, then close the window, the bash and ssh still
seem to be listed when we look at the windows 7 task manager.

I use cygwin all the time under Windows 7 64-bit and that does not happen to me. Thus it would seem to be particular to your setup, or maybe to the specific version (I've not updated for a few weeks) ...

Regards -- Eliot Moss