Can not install cron (authorization problem)

I'm on Windows 7 (64Bit), with local admin rights.

My first attempt to install the cron services, failed like this:

Do you want the cron daemon to run as yourself? (yes/no) yes
Error in openPolicy (LsaOpenPolicy returned
0xc0000022=STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED)!

I thought that maybe I have to do this as administrator. I therefore
opened a mintty by running it as administrator, and executed cron-config
again. This time, indeed, the error message does not occur anymore.
However, after entering my user id and Windows password, I got the error
message:

Do you want the cron daemon to run as yourself? (yes/no) yes

Please enter the password for user 'rofischx':
Reenter:
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: CreateService:  Win32 error 1057:
The account name is invalid or does not exist, or the password is
invalid for the account name specified.

Now I'm absolutely sure that I entered my password correctly (I tried
several times, always the same effect), and the user name is also
correct. What else could be the problem?

BTW, the command 'id' shows:

uid=437575(rofischx) gid=10513(Domain Users) groups=10513(Domain
Users),0(root),544(Administrators),545(Users)

Ronald
--
Ronald Fischer <ronaldf@eml.cc>
+  If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,