Re: /bin and /lib mount points occasionally lost

On 6/13/2012 9:47 PM, richw wrote:

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 10:19:42AM -0700, richw wrote:
I occasionally find that cygwin is broken, and I find that /usr/bin and
/usr/lib no longer are useful.  The mount command (for which I need to
type /bin/mount) shows nothing mounted there.  I type the following two
commands:
mount c:/cygwin/bin /usr/bin
mount c:/cygwin/lib /usr/lib
and things work (through reboots) for a while, and then break again.
Any hints how I can keep this from happening, or what might cause it?

One big hint: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Sometimes I'm not good at interpreting hints. Let's see - Google didn't find
me anything. The FAQ doesn't seem to help. So I think the hint is telling me
to include cygcheck output, which I will now do.
http://old.nabble.com/file/p34007924/cygcheck.out cygcheck.out

By the way, the response to the mount command now looks like

rw@seven ~
$ mount
C:/cygwin/bin on /usr/bin type ntfs (binary,user)
C:/cygwin/lib on /usr/lib type ntfs (binary,user)
C:/cygwin on / type ntfs (binary,auto)
C: on /cygdrive/c type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)
D: on /cygdrive/d type ntfs (binary,posix=0,user,noumount,auto)

rw@seven ~
$

I note that another cygwin installation has (binary,auto) instead of
(binary,user) for the two mounts in question.

look on difference between "/etc/fstab" see http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table

Regards
Marco