RE: stdout not visible on some programs after upgrading from to 1.7.11-1 to 1.7.15-1

<snip>

Try both of the following:

1.  Update to latest development snapshot, should resolve the bug you are
primarily observing.
2.  Set the CYGWIN environment variable to pipe_byte.  Cygwin now uses
message pipes by default, which are not compatible with .NET Framework and
Visual C++ runtimes (not currently documented anywhere in Cygwin or MS
documentation).