Re: crash on latest cygwin snapshot

It stresses a bit the computer, but on snapshot 20110619 and later CVS the side effect is to crash all mintty sessions on my W7/64 and to block cgf's one.

I'll say it again: I see no difference in behavior with any snapshot or with the shipping version. They all stress the system and eventually require me to power cycle it.

Is it possible that your cpu has some difference and the probe compiled on my cpu is not effective or causing other problems to your pc.

If you want to try, I prepared a slim version of the package at
http://matzeri.altervista.org/works/atlas/cgf/
disabling the build and leaving only the configure session

cygport atlas-3.9.79-1.cygport compile

take 2 minutes on my pc on 20110611

So some of the change between 20110611 and 20110619 are responsable of
the mintty crash.

Yes. It's understood that this used to work. No one doubts that.

Sorry for repetition

cgf

Marco