Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

On 6/27/2012 7:06 AM, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Achim Gratz <Stromeko <at> nexgo.de> writes:
>> I'm not near my work machine, so this is from memory...  the test suite
>> requires perl modules I didn't have installed and fails most perl tests
>> without them — not too worried about this, will install those later this
>> week.
>
> The fail is not due to a module missing, but due to the perl dynaloader not
> being able to load the DLL produced by the build.  The error message is not
> helpful as there's no reason given for why it couldn't load the DLL.  The file
> exists and is readable /executable.  However, LDD gives strange output:

Strange. It works for me and the ldd output for _Core.dll is reasonable.

>> I've had to comment out the Apache module build since the mod_dav.la
>> was nowhere to be found and no Cygwin package provides it.
>
> Even with the changes to the build config by Yaakov trying to build the Apache
> module fails for me, now with unresolved symbols of the form "_dav_*".  I've
> built without mod_dav to work around that.

Yaakov's changes worked for me.

> Rebasing does help.  Failing Perl tests aside (which never start due to the
> issue outlined above), all further tests so far are pass.  Judging from the
> current progress, I'd think tests will run at least for two more hours.

Yes, rebasing helped for me, too. The Ruby tests encountered fork
failures, but everything else is working.

I don't think this proves much, though. The errors I was getting in the
past were fork failures and not the SQLite error being reported.

Anyway, I'll have a new release available shortly built against the
latest SQLite package, so others that want to use TortoiseSVN can try it.

It has long been an axiom of mine that the little things are infinitely
the most important.
                -- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, "A Case of Identity"