Re: cygwin 1.7.15: svn disk I/O error

On 6/28/2012 2:35 PM, Achim Gratz wrote:
I can't easily test this myself
since I don't have TortoiseSVN installed

Me, too, but it seems to me that there's a better way to find the problem than trying to replicate the problem reporters' exact environment. That's too complicated. The leading hypothesis explaining the problem is that there's a file locking problem between two programs both trying to access the same set of SQLite DB files. So, write two programs to do exactly that, and see if they will fight over the DB file or not.

If they cooperate, as the SQLite FAQ says they should, then we're off in the weeds and someone needs to come up with a better hypothesis.

If they fight, you then have two simple programs that, together, demonstrate the problem, which means you're much closer to finding a real fix that makes both sets of users happy.

Take advantage of the fact that I'm a disinterested Cygwin package maintainer. You have some time to play with here.