I'm having problems with cygwin 1.7 and ACL handling.

Hi,

I'm having problems with cygwin 1.7 and ACL handling.

I do some software development and for the software I write I also create unit tests. Those unit test are run automatically in a cygwin environment triggered by a build system. Now I'm updating the machines on which the unit tests are running, from windows XP to Windows Server 2008 and from cygwin 1.5 to cygwin 1.7. Since this update some unit tests are failing.

All the failing unit tests have in common that they do something with ACL:

For some test we change the access control list like:

????? acl.AddAccessRule(new System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemAccessRule(WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent().Name
??????? , System.Security.AccessControl.FileSystemRights.FullControl
??????? , System.Security.AccessControl.AccessControlType.Deny));
       SandboxedDirectory.SetAccessControl(acl);

Then in the test we try to create a directory inside the sandboxed directory and check that the right exception has been thrown because it shouldn't be able to do so.

On windows XP with cygwin version 1.5 everything was working OK

Now we are upgrading to windows server 2008 so we also need to update to cygwin 1.7, the test are starting to fail, because they are able to create directories in the sandboxed directory.

I know/read that from cygwin 1.7 cygwin uses mount point with corresponding acl/noacl flags and no longer using the ntsec and nontsec flags in the CYGWIN environment variable.

I tried to change the mounting point to set noacl and acl but this didn't had any effect.

On the OLD xp machines with cygwin 1.5 the CYGWIN variable was set to nontsec

In CMD prompt test run fine.
In a bash prompt test fail.
In a cmd prompt started from a bash prompt test also fail.

Not running in a cygwin environment is not an option for now!

Any Idea what to do?

Regards
Mark