Re: clisp crashes on startup

On 7/7/12 6:04 AM, marco atzeri wrote:
> On 7/7/2012 12:45 AM, Daniel Colascione wrote:
>> $ clisp
>
> Trimming a bit ?

Not at all. I just installed the stock clisp package and tried to run it.

> your mount table looks strange
>
> C:                /               system  binary,auto
> c:\bin            /bin            system  text,cygexec
> c:/bin            /usr/bin        system  text,cygexec
> C:\lib            /usr/lib        system  binary,auto
> c:\usr\local\bin  /usr/local/bin  system  text,cygexec
> cygdrive prefix   /drv            system  binary,auto
>

> It is not recommended to use c:\ as root.

I know. I'm doing it anyway. Using c:\ as root makes Windows and
Cygwin paths very similar. I don't think the difference is material here.

> Why half are mounted as text instead of binary ?

I think that's a cygcheck bug.

$ cat /proc/mounts
C:/users/dancol/appdata/local/temp /tmp ntfs binary,posix=0,user 1 1
C:/usr/local/bin /usr/local/bin ntfs binary,cygexec 1 1
C:/bin /usr/bin ntfs binary,cygexec 1 1
C:/bin /bin ntfs binary,cygexec 1 1
C:/lib /usr/lib ntfs binary,auto 1 1
C: / ntfs binary,auto 1 1