Re: perl-5.14.2 switch

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 11:14 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Jul 12 10:24, Reini Urban wrote:
>> Well, I'm not so happy with threads. They seem to be more broken than with 5.10.
>> But I like 5.14.2 generally at most of all also, much better than the
>> completely flawed 5.16.
>
> Is this thread problem something Cygwin-specific, a Cygwin bug perhaps?
> If so, can you nail that down into a simple C testcase?

The failing thread tests in perls testsuite are unfortunately not so simple.
Mostly torture tests.
google's threadsanitizer might come handy.
I found a lot of perl bugs with the related addresssanitizer.

I'm pretty sure it's perls fault here, because mingw has the same problems.
And the were some subtle changes between 5.10 and 5.14. I tried to improve
it with a patch, but it didn't help much.
--
Reini Urban
http://cpanel.net/   http://www.perl-compiler.org/