Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.3.566-1

On 2012-07-08, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> The following packages have been updated for the Cygwin distribution:
>
> *** vim-7.3.566-1
> *** vim-common-7.3.566-1
> *** xxd-7.3.566-1
> *** gvim-7.3.566-1
>
> Vim is an advanced text editor that seeks to provide the power of the
> de-facto Unix editor 'Vi', with a more complete feature set and a choice
> of terminal and GTK+ interfaces.
>
> This is an update to the 20 June patchset.

The default value of 'runtimepath' in this package is wrong.
According to ":help 'runtimepath'", it should be (without the
newlines),

    $HOME/.vim,
    $VIM/vimfiles,
    $VIMRUNTIME,
    $VIM/vimfiles/after,
    $HOME/.vim/after

In this package it is instead,

    $HOME/.vim,
    $VIM,
    $VIMRUNTIME,
    $VIM/after,
    $HOME/.vim/after

or literally,

    /home/garyjohn/.vim,
    /usr/share/vim,
    /usr/share/vim/vim73,
    /usr/share/vim/after,
    /home/garyjohn/.vim/after

Note that the vimfiles subdirectory below $VIM is missing.

The only way I can see that that could happen would be if configure
was given the --with-global-runtime option with the wrong value,
/usr/share/vim instead of /usr/share/vim/vimfiles.  It is normally
not necessary to use that option at all.

Regards,
Gary