Re: Cannot Execute urxvt after upgrade

On 7/19/2012 4:42 PM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
On 19/07/2012 22:30, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 7/19/2012 4:15 PM, Aaron Schneider wrote:
On 19/07/2012 22:00, K Stahl wrote:

I couldn't find any version of urxvt on cygwin's release mirror, so, no
packages to start from.

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=urxvt>

Furthermore, for what you are looking for, isn't
rxvt pretty much the same?

Pretty much, minus the unicode support and some other niceties mentioned in the message you quoted above. Of course, stepping back to rxvt puts you in the realm of dead code. So if bit-rot is OK with you... ;-)

It results that the package is named rxvt-unicode-X-9.07-1.tar.bz2 but in the end install binaries that are named urxvt:

usr/bin/urxvt-X.exe
usr/bin/urxvtc-X.exe
usr/bin/urxvtd-X.exe

and all of them were compiled on Jan 2010. The non unicode is even older, so
probably everything is broken. I get also the "Bad address" or "unable to
connect to the rxvt-unicode daemon: No such file or directory" errors.

Yes, as Eric pointed out, these packages would need to be updated or the old perl libraries would need to be restored to make them work again.

-- Larry