Re: Cygstart bug: doesn't keep command line arguments intact

Thanks for your reply, Barry.? Yes, it seems that way to me, too.? But that seems wrong.? I would think that cygstart should pass arg1 as arg1 to the specified command (winword.exe in my example).? That's certainly the way it works in the unix/linux world and cygstart should be considered as an (emulated) unix command, right?? If cygstart were a Windows command I would expect such behavior, but from an (emulated) unix/linux command, I expect the arguments to be kept intact.?

In any case, it makes it awkward to run the command I mentioned, because I have to parse the arguments myself and perform awkward substitutions on them.

-- John

P.S. I don't know why, but my reply kept getting rejected as spam by cygwin.org's filters, even though I was using yahoo's "plain text" mode:

? Remote host said: 552 spam score exceeded threshold (#5.6.1) [BODY]