RE: Please test snapshots

Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 06:31:25AM +0000, Achim Gratz wrote:
>>Daniel Colascione writes:
>>>It works for me in bash.  I don't have tcsh installed, but I don't see why
>>>SIGINT would work differently there.
>>
>>Yes, it works in bash for me, too.  Tcsh does something that apparently
>>breaks with the new snapshot, but since I don't get any error messages, it's
>>hard to tell what that might be.
>
>You're not really giving us much to go on.  I've tried ping (both Windows and
>Cygwin version) under tcsh and both work fine.  And, the small snippet that
>you cut/paste in your original bug report clearly showed that ping was
>responding to CTRL-C.

I'm still using this snapshot (I've had no reason to stop until now), and have
hit this issue two out of the last five times running Cygwin ping.  The ping                                                                                 process is still visible in Process Explorer after hitting ^C. There's no
obvious difference between when ^C terminates the process and when it doesn't.

When I've hit this, I've been running bash inside screen inside MinTTY, which
was started running with administrator permissions.

I've attached cygcheck output, and am happy to keep experimenting if it'll be
useful. I've not swapped to the latest snapshot yet, in case more repros with
this snapshot would be useful, but I'm equally happy to change to the latest
snapshot and/or the original cygwin1.dll to have a play around.

Example below (the last command is just sitting there, the previous one quit
immediately after ^C). Note it's still sitting there even though running `ping
winston1` in a different screen at this point shows that system is now
responding.

    ~
    $ ping winston1
    PING winston1.datcon.co.uk (10.236.0.21): 56 data bytes

    ----winston1.datcon.co.uk PING Statistics----
    3 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

    ~
    $ ping winston1
    PING winston1.datcon.co.uk (10.236.0.21): 56 data bytes

Killing ping in Process Explorer unsurprisingly returns the bash prompt
immediately.