Re: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status? (was: Updated: sqlite3-3.7.13-1)

Warren Young <warren <at> etr-usa.com> writes:
> I haven't heard peep one from either side about this release on this
> list.  (For contrast, I've gotten several positive responses in my
> answer to the question about this on Stack Overflow[1].)

Sorry, I've been swamped with other stuff...

> Silence = happiness, then? :)

The original bug is back, although it behaves even more wierd than before.  The
error now happens _only_ when run as normal user _and_ not under strace or gdb.

$ sqlite3
SQLite version 3.7.13 2012-06-11 02:05:22
Enter ".help" for instructions
Enter SQL statements terminated with a ";"
sqlite> CREATE TEMP TABLE two (id INTEGER NOT NULL, name CHAR(64) NOT NULL );
Error: unable to open database file
sqlite>

Since I can't reproduce the problem in the debugger anymore, it will be
difficult to impossible to find out what's causing this (at least for me).  Just
like the problem with TortoiseSVN these are indications IMHO that there's a race
somewhere between calls from the Cygwin DLL and Windows file locking functions.
 I can't rule out BLODA either.

So please go ahead and make this version current as it seems to cause less
problems given the widespread use of TortoiseSVN.  I'll see to either run the
failing application with elevated privileges or install a local patch to sqlite3.

Thanks for your patience on that matter.

Regards,
Achim.