Re: Options for getting mandatory locking in cygwin1.dll (was: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status?)

Greetings, Corinna Vinschen!

> A "mand" mount option sounds like a really interesting idea, together
> with the special group permission settings as described in the Linux
> fcntl(2) man page.  Maybe we can even relax that by making the "mand"
> option the default setting, so the correct file permissions would be
> the only requirement by default.  Ok, this also requires to use a
> filesystem with real file permissions, so FAT or "noacl" mounted
> filesystems are out of th question, but I can live with that just fine.

Sorry byt I can't live with it.
Setting "noacl" mounts aside from "mand" will force me to choose one or
another. And it wouldn't be a choice in Cygwin's favor.
Forced use of POSIX'ised permissions have higher probability of breaking
existing Windows applications, than using POSIX "suggestive" locks instead of
appropriate strict locks could harm Cygwin applications.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...