Re: False BLODA warning concerning cygusb?

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:47:10AM +0100, Cliff Hones wrote:
>On 17/08/2012 10:39, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>
>> I have no problems with occassional false postives.  The detect_bloda
>> option is meant for diagnostic purposes only.  It's not meant to used
>> all the time.  It slows down *every* thread start up!
>
>Thanks.  I was only reporting it as I thought I remembered a request
>for false positives to be reported.  I think that's why I turned the
>detect_bloda option on in the first place.  I must admit I was also
>slightly curious - what is an open-source library (libusb) built
>under Cygwin doing that makes it look like BLODA? [Of course I
>could spend time looking at the source to find out, but time is
>in short supply, so I guess I'll just have to stay curious.]

Likely it's not starting threads using posix calls (pthread_create) but
using Windows ones (CreateThread).  That would imply that libusb assumes
that a Cygwin compilation means "build for Windows" rather than "built
for Linux".  Given that it is trying to access usb functionality, maybe
that makes sense and it might be a permanent false positive.

cgf