Re: Which version of cygwin 'rock solid'

On 08/17/2012 04:13 PM, Devin Nate wrote:
> My question, of the Cygwin users (or developers), which version would you select if your goal was maximum stability?

Our experience is that they are all not particularly reliable (we
haven't checked all 1.7.* versions though). If you want
to make your script more stable, add retry logic and make it as more
serial as possible.

Unless you want to create your own version of cygwin of course. You
can try to backport all important crash and bug fixes
to an older version. Then the most recent versions (1.7.15 and 1.7.16)
are probably the best since backports will be easier.

Andrey Khalyavin