Re: Need help creating a script that is ran from a batch file.

The cygwin and unix world is a "help yourself" world. You must do some
work. No one is here to do it for you.

What I did in your position was to look for a bash script, and copy
it. Then you modify it. When you get stuck, use google to look for
help. I have just written a number perl programs knowing nothing about
perl, just use google to search for help. There's a lot of stuff out
there.

Using this basic approach, I have learned how to write bash scripts,
do perl, etc etc. You start, and ask for help when you get stuck.