Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: {rxvt-unicode-X/rxvt-unicode-common}-9.15-1

On 8/31/2012 3:18 PM, David Stark wrote:
> I'm seeing some weirdness running vi on Solaris 9 hosts through the new
> version - characters are hidden until cursor'ed over, and vi generally
> doesn't seem to know what size the terminal is. Tried exporting TERM as
> vt100, vt110, xterm and such, but no luck. The previous version was OK.

Did you update the terminfo database on the remote machine? The
rxvt-unicode and rxvt-unicode256 entries have changed, and the (default)
rxvt-unicode-256colors entry is brand new.

copy /usr/share/doc/rxvt-unicode/terminfo/rxvt-unicode.terminfo from
your cygwin box over to the remote machine, and on that machine run:

tic rxvt-unicode.terminfo

Now, you have to be root to do that. If not, then you should create your
own local terminfo db, by setting

export TERMINFO=~/.terminfo (or something)
then run
tic rxvt-unicode.terminfo

You might also want to populate your personal terminfo db on the remote
machien with a copy of the current contents of the remote's global
terminfo db first.

--
Chuck