cygport (0.11.0): Installing dll's into perl site directories (not /usr/bin)

Hi,

Currently what happens is libtool munges the path to ../bin.  If I don't use cygport to do the installation, this means that the DLL's are installed into:  /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/<version>/auto/<package>/bin
This doesn't work as this location is not in the search path for perl's DynaLoader.

When you add cygport to the equation the files end up in:  /usr/bin
Again, this doesn't work as this isn't in the load path.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to achieve this?  Or alternatives other than the obvious - add the path to the search path.

When I stopped libtool from munging the path to have the ../bin in it, thinks broke.  I haven't tried to debug this one yet, but started looking for anyone that might have done this before and have suggestions on how to do it.

Hopefully someone out there has some helpful suggestions.

Cheers,
Mark.