Re: [ITP] amanda 3.3.2

On 07/09/2012, at 5:12 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 06, 2012 at 03:58:25PM +1000, Mark O'Keefe wrote:

>>> From <http://cygwin.com/lists.html>:
>>>
>>> cygwin-apps: a subscriber-only list for discussing packaging issues
>>> regarding applications that are distributed with the Cygwin DLL.  If
>>> you are maintaining or volunteering to maintain one of the packages
>>> that is distributed with the Cygwin net releases you should be
>>> subscribed to this list.
>>
>> From <http://cygwin.com/setup.html#submitting>
>>
>> Submitting a new package:
>> So you've got a package you want to submit.  Follow the following
>> checklist before emailing the cygwin-apps mailing list and you'll
>> almost certainly save time.
>>
>> Propose on the cygwin-apps mailing list that you are interested in
>> becoming a package maintainer for package "foo" using a subject like
>> "[ITP] foo 0.10".  Some packages cannot be distributed via Cygwin's
>> setup due to vendor licence limitations.  Other packages may not be
>> appropriate for Cygwin.  This step will save time if, for some reason,
>> we cannot accept the package.
>>
>> So, you might appreciate why I was confused thinking that I should
>> email the cygwin-apps list.  I read (later) that it was a
>> subscriber-only list and emailed to this list instead.  I'm guessing
>> that there might need to be some updates to the website to reflect the
>> correct process.
>
> I'm not sure what your confusion is but both of the above tell you to
> send intent-to-package announcements to cygwin-apps.  One says "propose
> on the cygwin-apps mailing list".  The other says for "maintaining or
> *volunteering to maintain*".

I posted to that list and got zip.  No messages got through.  No response
from the list owner.  So the confusion was that it says to post there, but I was
not able to do so.  I was subscribed to the list and getting messages others
sent to it.

Message through now - thanks to Marco for being helpful.