Re: multiwindow X11 and Emacs

On 9/15/2012 7:55 AM, Ken Brown wrote:
On 9/14/2012 6:36 PM, Wynfield Henman wrote:
Sorry about that.  I was more making the point that it's not a cygwin
port of emac's fault.

I also have this problem using emacs built locally from the original
gnu emacs source code.   And also from the cygwin port.

C-z  puts emacs off the screen, but when its re-displayed the focus
doesn't come back into the editting buffer.  I have to first click on
any ol option on the top menu, and it re-activiates something that
enable editting back in the buffer.
environment:    putty (also built from original source code)

This problem / hanging does not occur when emacs has been moved off
the screen by clicking on the [-] tab in the upper right side of the
emacs frame.

Can you duplicate this on your system?

C-Z    # then [SHIFT][TAB] back to emacs to get it back up on the
screen.  It should be frozen then.  Workaround, click on [File] or
something and then escape from it and you can work in the normal
buffer.

This does sound like the same problem Achim reported (except that he didn't mention putty). I still can't duplicate it, but I don't use putty. Do you have the problem without putty?

I forgot to ask whether you've tried the latest Cygwin snapshot.

Ken