Re: Unwanted texlive invasion

I don't agree.  The solution should not be to install an unnecessary
package and waste space and complicate by having to check order in the
PATH variable.

It would be better that a.) installation scripts check for the
existence of the necessary commands first and not brute force the
installation or warning that the cygwin port of it be installed.

It may also be desirable, to have setup use a list of packages to NOT
install, regardless of any dependencies.  Maintaining that list would
be the site's administistrator's task.

I also have the problem of setup always trying to install texlive,
when I already have the native version, and it's a pain to have to
continually go in and select [skip] for each one and the select yes I
don't want these, every time I want to update other packages.