Re: Unwanted texlive invasion

Ken Brown <kbrown <at> cornell.edu> writes:

> This dependency is created by cygport.  It's of course up to the gnuplot
> maintainer (Volker Zell) whether or not he wants to override it, but I
> can explain the rationale.
[...]

Until someone ports zypper or aptitude to Cygwin which can deal with soft
requirements or recommendations, one could try to put the texlive stuff into a
separate package:

PKG_NAMES="${PN} ${PN}-texlive"
gnuplot_CONTENTS="etc/ usr/ --exclude=usr/share/texmf-dist
--exclude=usr/share/gnuplot/${myPV_MAJ_MIN}/lua"
gnuplot_texlive_CONTENTS="usr/share/texmf-dist/
usr/share/gnuplot/${myPV_MAJ_MIN}/lua/"
gnuplot_texlive_REQUIRES="gnuplot"

However then cygport still finds all the dependencies for gnuplot and none for
gnuplot-texlive (except gnuplot which has been manually added), so that will
obviously need some more massaging.  I'm not even sure what happens when you
remove a gnuplot terminal from the installation...

Regards,
Achim.