Re: Suppressing annoying warnings

On 9/28/2012 7:49 PM, Daniel Corbe wrote:

I'm using emacs-w3m to render HTML messages in gnus on windows by way of the cygwin w3m port. It's working, except every time w3m gets run I'm greeted by this warning message:

"tty" option detected in CYGWIN environment variable.
CYGWIN=tty is no longer supported.  Please remove it from your
CYGWIN environment variable and use a terminal emulator like mintty,
xterm, or rxvt.

emacs is setting the environment variables, not me.  How do I configure
cygwin to suppress these errors?

emacs-w3m sets the environment variable. I just downloaded the source for the latter from http://emacs-w3m.namazu.org/ and found the setting of the CYGWIN variable in w3m.el. Just edit that file and remove the setting. Alternatively, it looks like you could solve the problem by customizing 'w3m-command-environment'.

This is not a Cygwin problem. I suggest that you report this to the emacs-w3m mailing list.

Ken