Re: Suppressing annoying warnings

On 10/1/2012 1:18 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 11:53:06AM -0400, Ken Brown wrote:
On 9/29/2012 11:33 AM, Daniel Corbe wrote:
If this were an environment that I had customized on my own I might
agree with you; however, this is a standard toolkit that I'm working
with and its functionally portable to every platform I've tried to use
so far except for cygwin.

And the reason is that this "standard toolkit" uses an obsolete setting of the CYGWIN environment variable. It needs to be updated.

Especially since it had absolutely no business setting the variable to begin with.

I am trying to understand why it is said that emacs-w3m had no business setting the environment variable.

Obviously, it was a setting recommended in earlier versions of Cygwin, and emacs-w3m is setting it for its own sub-processes. Is there a better way of arranging things?

Cheers,
Uday Reddy