Re: cygwin dlls address issue (cygconv-2.dll), unable to rebaseall

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 03:11:50PM -0500, Ryan Johnson wrote:
On 26/11/2012 2:47 PM, Piren wrote:
Thanks for the response Ryan

I'm seeing the same issues no matter what runs on Windows, it does the
same even in Safe Mode. Also, this issue only started once i updated
to the new Cygwin version and my windows configuration/installed apps
did not change.

ATM Cygwin is completely non functional, is there nothing i can do to
try and resolve this?
If you're really desperate, rename your cygwin directory to something
else (e.g. cygwin.broken) and see if reinstalling from scratch fixes it.
All the packages should still be cached (no new downloads) and that will
rule out any misconfiguration. If the fresh version is broken I have no
idea what to do after that; if it works, just migrate your $HOME over
and problem solved.
And, if *that* doesn't work, just keep trying.  Note that eventually you
may fill up your disk with botched Cygwin installations so it would
probably be best to have a new hard drive ready to isntall for that
eventuality.
When in doubt, reboot/reinstall.
We *are* using Windows, after all.