Re: argv @-expansion with pathname containing spaces

On Dec 20 12:55, Denis Excoffier wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:34:37AM +0100, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> >> H Denis,

> >> Have you tried with '@D:\Documents and Settings\myuser\Desktop\test' ?
> Does not work.
> >> Have you tried with '@D:\Docume~1\myuser\Desktop\test' ?
> Does not work either, but @D:\Docume~1\myuser\Desktop\test
> (without the simple quotes) does work. However i don't see how to
> derive the 8.3 form from my original filename, using DOS only.
>
> For the moment, the best solution i have is to copy
> the original file into, say, %TEMP%\dummy.txt, hoping that %TEMP%
> will not contain any spaces:
>
> copy "%pathname%" %TEMP%\dummy.txt > nul

In fact the @ expression was not allowed to be quoted, since the quoted
string was kept intact for a later call to glob(3).  Unfortunately, the
insert_file function, which handles reading the DOS file given as @
parameter doesn't handle quoting either.

I applied a patch which allows a simple, quoted string after the @
expression now.  So this works:

  @"a b\foo"

But this still won't work: