Re: fatal error - cygheap base mismatch detected (2nd attempt)

On 02/01/2013 12:18, marco atzeri wrote:
On 1/2/2013 12:10 PM, tobias schlottke wrote:
Hi

I have a cygwin terminal window open and I try to execute a perl program
and get the following message:

=======
5 [main] perl 8172 C:\cygwin\bin\perl.exe: *** fatal error -
cygheap base mismatch detected - 0x61239790/0xC79790.
This problem is probably due to using incompatible versions of the
cygwin DLL.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version. The most recent version
*should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on which you have
installed the cygwin distribution. Rebooting is also suggested if you
are unable to find another cygwin DLL.
=======

The cygwin1.dll is in the c:\cygwin\bin directory and additionally on a
different place at c:\Program Files\openFT\bin\cygwin1.dll which is not
in my PATH.
(Both files are identical).

At the time of the error I had a second cygwin terminal already open.
After the failure in the first window I executed the command in the
second one and it executed successfully.
The funny thing is: If I try in the first window again, it runs fine....

a) Why?
b) What do I have to change to make it run always?

Things I tried:
Reboot, rebaseAll.

Any hints appreciated.
Thanks,
Tobias

Please follow:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

specially the "Run cygcheck -s -v -r > cygcheck.out and include that file as an attachment in your report. Please do not compress or otherwise encode the output. Just attach it as a straight text file so that it can be easily viewed"

Sorry, I forgot. See attachment.

Tobias