Re: adding a folder to my path

On 02/01/2013 18:18, LMH wrote:
I think this is a cygwin question, though it is certainly a general
linux question as well. I would like to divide up and organize some of
the apps and links in my path directories (such as /usr/local/bin) into
sub directories. If I add a folder to /usr/local/bin, that folder is not
in my path. Can someone give me the instructions for adding a folder
such as /usr/local/bin/ruby_viewer/ to my path?

As stated here: http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2013-01/msg00023.html you can do it two ways

1) Add /usr/local/bin/ruby_viewer/ to your profile:
$ echo 'PATH=`echo $PATH`:/usr/local/bin/ruby_viewer/' >> $HOME/.bash_profile

2) Add it directly to Windows' path:
Start > Control Panel > System > Advanced system settings > Advanced > Environment variables > PATH > Edit > Add to the end

;C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\ruby_viewer