Re: How do I change the default home directory after I fire up cygwin?

On 1/22/2013 9:50 AM, Yves wrote:
This machine is on a corporate network, I'm doing this setup at work :) .
And yes, there's a domain.

And, after looking at System variables, I found HOME which is pointed to
H:\.  Would it make sense to just set that to C:\cygwin\home\<user name>?
Personally I'd delete the environment variable that sets HOME to a drive letter. Drive letters are so 1990's! And largely unneeded anymore.

See also my other post about how to mount what was mounted at H to /home/<userid>.

In general, IIRC Cygwin says that if HOME is already set in the Windows environment then we'll use that - otherwise we'll use what's in /etc/passwd (and I think last resort /home/<userid>).
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
This space for rent