Re: Cygwin gvim needs weird ritual to past from Windows clipboard

Richard Gribble <richard <at> gandalfwizard.us> writes:
| Have you tried this from some program other than vim?  CTRL-C won't
| work from vim; you have to use:
|     "+y
| to get the highlighted text onto the clipboard, and I don't think
| the mouse is designed to do that.

Guys, thanks for your replies.  I might not have been clear enough in
my original post, but the problem is in attempting to copy from a
Windows app and pasting into Cygwin's gvim.  Correct me if I'm wrong,
but your responses (and the wiki site) are directed at copying from
gvim to Windows.

I'm pretty sure I tried Shift-Insert, and that didn't solve the
problem.  To be sure, the problem isn't *always* present, but it is
usually  present.  When it is, nothing I've tried will fix it except
the trick of highlighting arbitrary text in gvim before trying to copy
something from a Windows app.

About PC-based gvim, I also have that.  But I tend to use the gvim
text buffer as a bash command console, concocting bash code on the fly
and either shelling out to generate/filter text or writing some lines
to !bash.  It's tricky to set up vimrc so that PC-based gvim can do
this, though I think I've mostly got that problem solved.  Just as
vexing, however, is the constant need to convert the path to/from
bash/cygwin posix form to Windows form.  So when I need to bash
around, I use the cygwin gvim.