Re: squid command doesn't do anything

On 01/31/2013 05:52 PM, Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:
On 1/31/2013 8:29 AM, leo wrote:

<snip>

I have confirmed that all these dlls already existed on my system. Still
squid does do anything.

OK, I installed squid and noticed that invoking /usr/sbin/squid from the command line doesn't seem to do anything for me either. It exits with a code of 1. But I don't know anything, really, about squid's operation. I certainly didn't make any changes to squid.conf and a quick look at the squid man page says that configuration is necessary for it to work. Have you consulted the squid home page to get info on how to configure squid?

I had a look and no attempt is made to read the specified config file:

$ strace -f /usr/sbin/squid.exe -N -f xxyx 2>&1 | grep xxyx
  137   70537 [main] squid 16040 build_argv: argv[3] = 'xxyx'

Normally, squid will print a message saying that xxyx cannot be opened.
Evidently, it crashes before it gets to that point.

- bartels