Re: Promote sqlite 3.7.13-1 from test status?

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) writes:
> So you're saying that it is more important for Cygwin's sqlite3 to work
> with a Windows program than it is for it to work properly with other
> Cygwin libraries and programs?  That doesn't sound very pragmatic to me.
> Software built for Cygwin should _always_ follow *NIX behaviour.

I've had a few minutes to contemplate the SQLite source code.  Aside
from the different API used, it appears that the _real_ difference
that's responsible for getting these "disk I/O" errors with the POSIX
code is that for Windows (and Windows only) SQLite implements a
retry-on-failure, complete with exponentially increasing backoff times.

There's two ways to test that theory: one is to set the #DEFINE for the
Windows code so that the retry code is not compiled in (or rendered
ineffective): this should result in just about the same failures that
were seen with the POSIX version.  Secondly, to re-implement that
retry-on-failure code in the POSIX section, which should get rid of
these problems altogether.

I'm a bit swamped with real work to do, so I wouldn't mind if someone
could try the first option to confirm that it really delivers the same
sort of interference with TortoiseSVN.  If this is indeed the case, it
would instill a greater confidence that the second option would actually
solve the problem in the proper way.

Regards,
Achim.